Today Keene is opening its doors to graduates, offering them the chance to experience life in a busy public affairs consultancy. It’s a role with a flexible timeframe and the application deadline is 28 Feb.
The best bit? You’ll get to work in the same office as me! Watch as I crave coffee 24/5, get excited over very geeky technology and most importantly, join me pushing digital to the max.
Full details on the Keene blog:
Your role will be to assist our public affairs account team to provide government relations programmes for a number of our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to gain experience on a range of policy areas and play an important part in executing cutting edge, digital public affairs programmes. You may also have the opportunity to help out our public relations team too, which focuses on the travel sector.
We’re looking for a recent graduate with a 2:1 degree or higher who can start immediately.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative and policy making process in the UK and EU.
- Show understanding of the role of government relations in the business environment.
- Provide proof of a strong interest in or experience of relevant policy issues (see below).
- Have a demonstrable passion for social media and digital publishing.
- Have the ability to swiftly absorb complex information and apply this knowledge to seeing opportunities to influence policy and promote client aims.
- Be able to communicate orally and write to a high standard.
Day to Day Activities
- Media, political monitoring and intelligence gathering for clients across a range of policy areas including aviation, environment, manufacturing, technology, the public and voluntary sectors, foreign governments.
- Provide regular written reports for clients on activities and analysis of relevant issues.
- Draft political correspondence, briefing papers and policy submissions.
- Report on conferences, select committee inquiries and other political events as required
- Participate in internal discussions and debates
- Conduct desk research for new business pitches
- Carry out general office duties on request
- This is a voluntary position from which you will receive considerable training and experience.
- Salary: expenses